Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

CREAM CAKE



It has been quite a while since i updated my blog.Well,the little girl had her holidays and her mother gladly joined her.We took off to Amma's place in Kerala for a fortnight.And once there, as always,I transformed into a lazy,sleepy,pig....doing nothing but eating and sleeping and eating again!!
Well,everything shall come to pass and so did the vacation.As I was unpacking,I came upon this little piece of paper in which I had written down a recipe,rated by Amma as "very good".It was handed down to her by her co-sister,Latha and I decided to give it a try.The cake is made using fresh cream and my freezer was overflowing with it.Finally I made it yesterday and I didnt even have to cut the cake.It was so soft and moist and creamy that it was gone in seconds.A must try!!Here goes the recipe....

CREAM CAKE

CREAM-1 CUP
GRANULATED SUGAR-1 CUP
FLOUR-1 CUP
EGGS-3(SEPERATED)
BAKING POWDER-3/4 TSP
VANILLA ESSENCE-1 TSP

METHOD
Beat egg whites stiff.Add sugar and beat well.Add beaten egg yolks and vanilla essence and beat again.Carefully fold in the flour(sifted with baking powder)alternately with fresh cream.Bake in a greased pan till done.

The cake doesnt stay fresh for long and has to be finished on the same day.

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine how moist and flavourful it is with all the cream! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by...your comments are valuable!!